Thursday, August 2, 2007

Welcome to our new family blog!!!!!

Well, this has been an eventful week for my family. We have all been pretty sick around our house for about 3 weeks now. We have weathered strep, pneumonia/bronchitis, a virus and are now hoping the strep is not returning! I have had a terrible cough for a couple of weeks, took two antibiotic shots, an oral antibiotic. Then discovered my heart rate was too high and that I had a heart murmur. This all landed me in the cardiology office late Monday afternoon! They ran a few test and decided everything was okay but I about scared Steve to death! He apparently does not like getting calls from his 36 week pregnant wife stating they are sending her straight to the cardiologist!

Next came my visit with the OB on Wednesday. He told me he would be gone the week we were thinking he would be doing a c-section! Great! So, we are now trying to decide on whether to have the baby next week!!!!! or wait and see if I go into labor or hold off until he returns! It panicked me! I was hoping to have a VBAC but always felt comfortable that he would be around just in case! Now we are trying to figure out what to do. We have until Monday or Tuesday to make the decision. The baby is small for us, he is guessing 7-71/2 pounds by term! After Hogan at 10.2 this sounds very small, although we realize it is a good, normal size baby! Either way we will be welcoming a new little one into the family very soon! I still can't believe God has blessed us with three children! Who am I to raise three of His precious angels!

Meanwhile, we are trying to get settled in our new house. We are unpacking boxes nightly and trying to squirrel away all our treasures! Steve seems to be shredding more things than squirreling! He has worn the kids out with shredder duty! I heard them shredding one day and asked (like any concerned mom) whether or not it was safe for their little fingers. He said yeah, I tested it out before giving them the chore! I immediately had visions of him trying to cram a one of THEIR fingers in to see if it would go or not! He reassured me he unplugged it before checking the size!!!! :-) Anyway, now when you say this needs to be shredded the kids run and hide!

They do seem to like being out in the country. Hogan loves digging in the dirt and I guess it is just better dirt here! He will go out back and dig forever! I keep expecting to see Chinese people coming to the door any day but so far just Hogan comes in! Sarah is making plans for her barn! She is picking out what color she wants it to be! I think blue is winning today. I'm thinking natural wood color so we don't have to repaint! Maybe I need to get her thinking about her bedroom walls instead. They are obviously less stressed and happier than they have been in months. They are beginning to talk about missing MorMor though. We try to get them to tell a happy, funny or favorite memory when this subject comes up. I want to encourage them to remember the pre-cancer MorMor.

Well that's about all for now. I will keep you updated on the baby as we get closer to time! I have just a few days to remember how to post a picture!

No comments: