Saturday, May 16, 2009

Working 9 to 5

Posted by Picasa
Well if you have followed my blog for a while then you know this is one of my favorite nights of the whole year! I absolutely eat up the make-up, costume, hair and frenzy that comes with recital night. It is our girls night. I get to devote my attention to her and she loves it. I dress her up for rehearsal night and we get lots of one on one time. Then on recital night, Grandmother comes and does the dress up part spending time with her. She was more nervous this year. I think she has finally figured out that there are LOTS of people in the audience besides mommy, daddy and grandmother.
This was S's 5th year so she got her 5th year trophy . That was huge in her little life. Many of the girls have been in this together since they were 3, so there was a lot of talk and anticipation! She will talk about the trophy anyone that stands still long enough to hear her. So be wary if you see her soon.
They danced to the old "Working 9 to 5" song with Dolly Parton this year. I said it hurt a mommy's heart to see her looking so grown up and mature. But really fast forward 20 years and this may be what she will look like. I think I prefer the tutu look, but she really felt grown up for this dance. Can't wait to see what we do next year.

1 comment:

MamaBear said...

Oh my goodness! If you'd shown me this picture and asked me to guess who it was, NO WAY could I have figured it out! If this is a sneak peek of what the future holds, Steve better make sure he has lots of ammo handy for the guns. It won't be long ...

Girl, you seriously need to get a Facebook account ... Lisa posted picture's of Missy Green's new baby boy yesterday, and he is a handsome little thing with TONS of hair!

I'll be looking to add you as a friend soon! :-) Hope you're doing well ...