Thursday, March 12, 2009

Our family continues to grow in many ways!

Well I guess if you looked at the ticker above you have already figured out that we are expecting baby #4!!!! We were shocked but once it wore off we became very excited. I never thought I would have this many kids! Mom always said she thought we should have at least four. So I know she would be happy for us. Growing up I thought it was ridiculous that there were four of us! Almost every other family I knew only had two kids. We had twice that many and I was old enough that it was often a "pain" to have little ones around. I often felt "put out". Well, which one would I have gotten rid of? That would have depended on the day! Some days all three! But I think the feeling was mutual for all of us! Anyway, now I can not imagine my life without one of my sibs. We are all close and enjoy being together. (Although there are days...)

So why have we decided to have "so many" kids? Well I don't really know. I argued with God when I found out I was pregnant with J. If I had won we would not have him today. Wow what a blessing I would have missed! We all love him so much and he adds so much to our lives. So I trust God and His perfect wisdom with our family. I trust that this new little one is His perfect will for us and we accept him of her eagerly. And as far as large families go, we are still a smaller family in our church!!! (And no, it is not Catholic it is Baptist!)

So how else is the family growing? Well if we aren't crazy enough already, we adopted a rescue puppy this weekend. We went to the local pet store this weekend and saw a few dogs. One in particular stood out among the rest. When J wrapped his arms around the little girl, she stood perfectly still and waited. She won us all over and after going home and sleeping on the idea and talking it over and praying about it, we decided to go for it! She is 4 months old white with golden patches with some black mixed in and one eye is partially blue. The think she has some cattle dog in her and maybe some spaniel. Whatever she is made of, we love her to pieces. The kids talk about nothing else right now. I will try to post some pictures soon.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I did notice that ticker right away and glad you've officially announced!! Faye would be thrilled I'm sure. It may have been a surprise, but you and Steve are totally up to the challenge. I'm glad you have those wide open spaces for your kiddos and pets to run free! Take care....love ya, Becki

Anonymous said...

I know you know this, but I'll say it anyway. I am EXTREMELY excited that you are having another baby.

Love you!
Monica

MamaBear said...

Congratulations!!! I've been out of the blogging world for awhile and am just now finding out the news! How exciting for you guys! Grant asks often for a baby brother, and I often regret that we didn't have four. Even numbers are good! Big families are good! So have six! Or eight! Your mom would be SO proud.