Sunday, February 3, 2008

Happy Birthday Tiger!



Well it is not exactly his birthday. That was a few weeks ago. But yesterday we celebrated his 5th birthday. So why did it take so long to celebrate? We had a joint party with his best friend. They are about 6 weeks apart in age and we tried to pick the middle. We rented the local inflatable jumping house and invited all their school friends and family. I think we had close to 30 kids there! It was a zoo, but so much fun! He has wanted to have a party at this place for some time so he was on cloud 9. He grinned all day long!

Hogan is my "life of the party kid". He lives life to the fullest. He loves just about everything and everybody. He stays on full throttle as long as he is awake! He reminds me that life can be fun, I mean lots of fun! Give him a bad situation and he will make lemonade from lemons! This little guy is teaching me to love life by just watching him. I think he will set the world on fire someday. He has the energy, tenacity and the bravery to do it! Now if I can just survive his raising to see it!!!!

We have called him Goose since he was an infant. He made this little noise as a newborn that we said sounded like a goose. Well it stuck and we have affectionately called him Goose for 5 years. Well a few months ago he said, "Mommy me not goose, me Hogan." I was stunned but very politely ignored it. Then a few weeks ago he told us he did not want to be called goose anymore, just Hogan. My heart was crushed, but we are trying to respect his request and not call him Goose anymore. I say trying because old habits are hard to break. We called him Goose as much or more than Hogan, at least at home. So this is my Hogan.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

MamaBear said...

Great post! And what a handsome young man! I was in the grocery store yesterday and passed a mom and her two kids just in time to hear the mom say, "Hey, Hogan, would you ... " and I smiled, thinking she had great taste in names, too.

Happy Birthday, Hogan! Being five is fun!

Star Molegraaf said...

We call our Caleb "STINKA"- this started with Zac when C was a baby. All our friends back home called him "THE STINK" or "STINKA". He often calls himself stinka and I hope he never grows tired of it cause I love it. Maybe one day he will want to be called goose again. Happy Birthday Hogan.